Vancouver Strength Collective offers workshops & courses on specialized topics in health, fitness, self-defence, and martial arts.
Our workshops & courses are a great opportunity to study directly with a subject expert in our community, exploring topics seminar-style with a group of likeminded students.
All workshops & series have their own pricing, payment links, and policies. Please see information below for more details.
Events will also be listed on our Facebook page & Instagram. Please note that confirming attendance on a Facebook event or Instagram post does not guarantee attendance; you must register for the course and submit payment to confirm your spot.
To register, please find the appropriate links below.
Women’s Weightlifting 101:
A course for women (cis and trans alike!), femmes, and all non-binary friends!
Discover the fundamentals of barbell-based weight training in an encouraging group led by an experienced personal trainer.
What you’ll learn:
-The classic lifts: deadlift, squat, and bench press
-Other lifts and variations for a well-rounded training program
-Effective warm-ups for lifting and post-workout mobility moves
-Form and safety tips to minimize risk of injury and address common issues
No experience required! We’ll offer modifications and variations to meet you where you are. In six weeks, you’ll feel stronger, more capable, and supported in your fitness goals.
Current Women’s Weightlifting 101 courses:
January 9th – February 13th 2020 – SOLD OUT
Please contact Jenn Farrell at email@example.com for more information on upcoming courses & to reserve your spot in the next course.
“What’s the difference between martial arts and self-defence?”
In this beginner friendly workshop, we’ll explore questions just like that – and in the process, help you craft a personal safety strategy to keep you & those you love safe from violence.
A selection of topics covered:
– Self-defence and the law;
– Threats, risks, and security awareness;
– Types of violence & how to recognize them;
– Boundary setting & verbal boundary enforcement;
– Tactical movement strategies;
– De-escalation & bystander intervention;
When: last Sunday of each month:
Cost: $50/participant, limited to 10 participants in a workshop
Please bring comfortable clothes to move/train in.
Please be aware that our matted area is an indoor-only shoes area. You may use socks or go barefoot if you don’t have indoor-only shoes.
Please note: we will be moving around, learning how to fall, and rolling around on the matted area. Please come to our workshop prepared to train and please communicate any personal boundaries to our instructor in advance of the workshop.
Please contact Conlan Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on upcoming courses & to reserve your spot in the next course.
- Payment in full, received through our PayPal link, secures and confirms your registration.
- Once payment has been received, you may cancel until 72 hours prior to start of the course/workshop. After 72 hours, no refunds will be given, but a credit note for the dollar value of the course will be issued (applicable to any VSC course offering) as long as this is communicated 24 hours prior to the course starting. You may withdraw from a course after the first session, but no later than the second session in order to receive a VSC credit for the pro-rated value of the remaining sessions, unless full withdrawal is necessary for a documented medical reason. No credits, refunds, or make-up classes will be issued for any missed sessions within a multiple session course or workshop. If VSC needs to cancel a course/workshop, a full or pro-rated refund will be offered.
- Please note that while the gym is usually otherwise unoccupied during the times a course runs, we cannot always guarantee a private environment.
- Subsidized spaces (usually 2) are always available in our workshops. Please contact the course instructor directly for more information.